Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lost in Space...

I'm not sure how many of you are utilizing Blogger.com for your personal/class blog, but I've been having some difficulty with the new Blogger BETA. I upgraded my account because it made making changes to your blogs structure and components slick and easy, thanks to some Web 2.0 application magic. But now as a result, I will post an item, and sometimes it shows up, only to disappear later, or doesn't show up it, and takes 2-3 tries for it to “stick” and be viewable. I am also concerned that I might have lost comments that some of my peers have left.

I guess just consider this a warning. Most of the time, the Blogger BETA works very well, and is quite fun and easy to use for novices and advanced users alike. To make sure I don't lose any postings, I have decided to keep a simple “back-up” document that contains the text of my postings. Not only does this make it easy to recover “lost” posts, it helps encourage me to write down entries for my Blog even if I don't have Internet access at the time. Just thought I'd share this experience with you, and let you know you might want to keep a “back-up” copy of your blog, just in case...

3 comments:

GCP Girl said...

As you know I've had many difficulties since going on the beta, but tonight was the best. I log on and get part of the screen that lists my blog entries, but mixed in with it was a server not found window as well as window that said, "If you would like to hack this using javascript, please go to" some website. I've never seen such a terrible beta! Someone at blogger needs to be fired.

GatorBat said...

I had to change my preferred blogger template to the green shaded "TicTac" because some of the images that are part of the CSS style are not able to be found, this making my blog look, well, ugly.

I hope these Beta glitches are worked out soon. I'm still enjoying the service, but the constant never know ing if my blog will load properly gets a bit old.

GatorBat said...

Now the "TicTac" Blue (my original Blog template) seems to be working again. Argh...what gives.