Thursday, November 16, 2006

Positioning Myself in the Field: Part IV

I just wanted to let everyone know that later this evening/afternoon that my product for my Positioning assignment would be available at the link below. Right now, there's a construction sign up as I complete the full coding of the site, but as soon as the image below disappears from the site, my new knowledge portal will be live and ready for use and review. I welcome any comments you have on this new section of my site!

Educational Technology Portal



Edit: Sorry for any confusion I might have caused with the wording above, but the Educational Technology portal has been ready for viewing since yesterday evening (Nov 16, 2006). I've place an image of the new site next to the construction image to show that the site is ready for viewing, and includes a feedback form for anyone who'd like to fill it out :)

1 comment:

Hearandnow said...

Brian - I just wanted to let you know (albeit, belatedly) that I really like your gatorbat site. I was checking out your code and everything is super clean and well-documented. I look forward to seeing your new knowledge portal.

It's funny, I got my start in webstuffs working in dreamweaver, wondering why anyone would ever want to hand code anything. Then, after developing a site with no wysiwyg, dreamweaver seriously gets on my nerves.

I am doing my positioning project as a website as well and I ended up hand-coding pretty much all of the template. I can't seem to figure out why it's so difficult to work with divs in dreamweaver. The layers feature probably could be really great in defining divs and associated css, but the layers option seems to be an afterthought in the software. I can envision a lot of improvements adobe could add to the next installment of dreamweaver, especially integrating it with CS2 and combining the functionality of photoshop and fireworks. It seems like if you could use photoshop and imageready in the past to slice up layouts into tables, they could do the same kind of thing with divs. But we'll have to see how that works out.

By the way, do you know of any open source wysiwyg software that is worth it's salt?